Sunday, March 28, 2010

Maybe Sunday should only come once a month

I love going to church on Sunday. But.... there are days when Sundays are just too long. We get there at 8:30 a.m. so that Owen can set up the sacrament table and I can get the library ready to go. John goes to his office and starts his meetings later. We then sit for 70 minutes. Then I work in the library hopefully only for 15 minutes so I can go to Sunday School which goes for 40 minutes then I go back to the library and 10 minutes later I go to Relief Society. Which seems pretty tame actually. Some Sundays I go to Sacrament meeting with YSA so I go for another hour. Then I wait for an hour so Owen can go to Seminary. Then we wait for one to two hours so John can finish his meetings and interviews then we can leave. It's actually that last hour the one between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00p.m. that's the killer. Sometimes we go driving. Sometimes we rummage through my bag for treats, sometimes we play with the kids who are also waiting for their dad's to finish their meetings. Sometimes we just sit. I'd like to do other things on Sunday, go for a walk, read a book, go to someone's house but... if you don't finish church until 3:30p.m. you are pretty much done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home