Thursday, May 20, 2010

the month of May

The old saying April showers bring May flowers may not have been totally accurate this year. We had some pretty awesome weather in April and some horrible snow storms and stuff as well. Then we got to May and it rained and rained. The May flowers are finally getting here and the trees are finally almost all leafed out. My apple tree is blooming and last evening I saw a humming bird in that tree. I have never seen one there before. But the best thing about this particular May is babies. We now have two new babies in our family both born this month. How wonderful it is. When Jessica had her baby she called a few minutes after he was born and she told me all about him and she was ecstatic and excited. It was great. When Ian's wife Christine had their beautiful little girl Ian called me an hour later sounding shell shocked and basically told me they had a baby. No details, no beautiful, no she has lots of hair. How different males and females are. But at least after Ian got some sleep I did get some details and he did put some pictures on facebook so we could all see her. I am so grateful to be the mother of 6 wonderful children and the grandmother to 12 grandchildren. I love the women my sons married and I love my son-in-law. I feel particularly blessed this month and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home